DO IT FOR THE OBESE PATIENT:
- Ease of breathing
- Better pre-oxygenation
- Good positioning compliments gea & regional cases
DO IT FOR THE ANESTHESIA PROVIDER
- Ease of breathing = less anxious obese patient.
- Better pre-02 = increased desaturation safety period.
- Easier to mask ventilate
- Facilitates 1st pass successful intubation (good positioning compliments all forms of airway management … dl, glidescope, airtraq etc.)
JUST ADJUST THE O.R. TABLE:
- Not good enough
- The airway axes do not change
- You cannot adjust the cystoscopy table
TEP = EASY / STABLE / PREDICTABLE (RESULT)
- Meant to replace a stack of blankets
- “Blessing of the blankets” (but) today’s obese patients = a stack of unstable blankets